Monday 21 May 2012

I wonder

When preparing yourself mentally for the worst possible outcome stops being positive and becomes resignation or simply fatalism?

The news that Robin Gibb (of the BeeGees) has died from his cancer after seemingly to have "beaten" it, is proof that it's possibly unwise to believe that it has gone away. I'm all for a positive outlook but is the dread-news of its return not likely to be even worse than the first time that you hear those words?

Perhaps it's because Charlie is making his presence felt again? Am I being hyper-sensitive? Is the fact that I'm due for another hormone-injection 48 hours from now, convincing me that the effects of the last dose are wearing-off? Does the effect wear off? I should do some research or ask the medico on Wednesday.

Is the occasional dull ache near the base of my spine due to Charlie worming his way about or is it completely unconnected?

I'm certainly beginning to notice a return to some of the earlier symptoms. Not as pronounced but once again, I'm experiencing interrupted sleep and this is adding to the lethargy that sometimes overwhelms me.

I'll be interested to see if the increased dose of hormone-blocker increases the few side-effects that I experienced with the lower dosage and whether the relief I experienced is higher too.

No comments:

Post a Comment